Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Wrist Updates

Contrasted MRIs returned and the prognosis is good. Despite continued pain in my wrist at this point, everything seems to be fine. X-Rays show one bone fragment from a years gone by fracture and no other details of interest. MRI shows nothing bad. MRI with contrast shows a beautiful white semi-circle suggesting no ligament or tendon damage. There does seem to be a little tearing of cartildge in the wrist near the bone fragment, but nothing I should be worried about.

With that news, I went back to instructing this weekend. The left handed rope tow may take a little time before I revisit it, but for the rest of the days seem to be going well. We're currently experiencing a rush on snowboarding lessons, which has actually given me time to practice some skiing. I'm not confident on a board to know if my wrist will survive an impact even with the brace on underneath.

Having said that, my first group lesson of the season was a blast. A group of Israeli young adults who were just too much fun to work with. Having a group that returns the enthusiasm and energy you put into the session makes it all the more fun.

No comments: