Monday, September 15, 2008

Twilight Seasons

Looks like it's twilight season on the spring and summer activities. My cycling habit has slowly backed down to an almost non-existent level. I still plan on at least two more 100 mile rides this season. I feel that after a season of over 1500 miles logged on my road bicycle alone, I've achieved much more than what I had set out to do.

As it gets dark earlier now, I've started spending more time in the gym. While I can certainly cycle at night, it's not nearly as fun, and the chance of accidents goes up tremendously. Accidents with cars have a much lower survival rate I feel. The gym routine is getting to be pretty standard, it's my usual pre-season leg wake up routine:

Core Work out:
  • Prone Bridges
  • Lateral Bridges
  • Balance Ball push ups
  • Balance Ball un-assisted standing
  • Static Lateral pull downs
  • Static Leg press
  • Russian half squat
  • Single leg bench dips
  • Assorted bicep and chest movements
The single leg bench dips seem to get the most giggles, followed right behind by the balance ball standing routine.

No comments: