Monday, November 19, 2007

New Instructors

After a summer's worth of searching, the new instructors are now ready for training. For all the effort spent in attracting potential instructors, we found a crowd of 3 new recruits this year. It almost covers the loss of instructors we had from last season. Almost. On the other hand, we did gain two instructors who had left the area and are now back again wanting to continue teaching.

Even better for me, I may have found a coworker to car pool up the mountain with. Thats exciting news for me. :)

Thanks to stormy weather though ("look its snow like crazy", "look it's raining", "look its... its.. hailing?", "look it's a blue bird day suddenly!", repeat) the training and refresher courses were canceled for the weekend.

It did force me to bring out the new boots and give them a trial run. I think a little more work will be needed on them. I picked up a pair of Atomic M90s that needed some initial work done to them. Mostly blowing out the front of the foot a bit. Outside of that, a better foot bed and these boots are feeling pretty good. They're a bit tight on the ankles, and the boot fitter thinks that should be blown out some too. I may still do that, as I'm not really sure if that will help me get my Q-angle back or not, but I'd also like to get a few runs in them first.

All said, bring on the season

No comments: