Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Holiday Rides

Seeing that this is now post 100 (yippie) and the Thanksgiving weekend, I plan to take a short trip with a few friends for some weekend skiing. As my school hasn't opened just yet, the question of where to go has been up in the air. I had suggested Gore or Belleayre Mountains in the Catskills, both a few hours drive. Neither seems to have snow. Bolton Valley, about the same story. Mt Snow seems to have a few things open, although I'm not sure how well their tree runs will be covered with a 6-18" base. Smugg's claims they'll be opening on Friday with 4 trails. My friend has offered to fly us out to Colorado in his small airplane if we'd pay for the hotels, rentals, and his lift ticket(s). The debate there is where to go?

Ah the joys of a holiday weekend, how I've forgotten them.

2 comments:

Mike Sharp said...

Been enjoying your blog for a while now. Just naturally assumed you were out west. For some reason I thought Steamboat. Are you stuck back East, too?

Planning on Mt. Snow or somewhere else in southern VT this holiday, then maybe Jay Peak next week.

Off-piste said...

I tend to be between coasts a lot due to various reasons. I also am not a snow snob and will go where there is snow. :)

I did hit Mt Snow, it turned out to be a wonderful time with some great friends and family. Haven't been to Jay Peak in a LONG time.