Friday, January 4, 2008

The Season That Was Not

It's amazing how a single moment can change your life. On Dec 27th my season came to an end with a series of events so fast paced I'm still trying to piece them together. Since I've only got one hand to type currently, the short version for now. The longer version will come later.

After a full day of 4 and 5 year olds I assisted in a restocking run to the mid-mountain lodge. Up the chair with 10 lbs of sausage and 8 gallons of water. Returning at the bottom, I was involved in 3 person collision, where I got hit head on. My right arm is broken in multiple spots along the radius. My left was spared apparently thanks to the wrist brace I was wearing (although the metal brace was bent hard). Helmet was broken, and my left eye crushed.

Vision is slowly coming back to my eye, my face is finally starting to lose the swelling, and my arm itches like crazy. Typing is slow and difficult right now.

SkiPatrol's general opinion was the helmet saved me from any further damage. Best case I can be back out for some spring skiing, but the prognosis isn't likely. For now my season is over. And my bed calls for more sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I am so sorry to hear that. I didn't realize I hadn't checked my blogroll in a while and was crushed to hear about the accident.

Get healthy and get back.

Off-piste said...

Thanks, working on it as fast as possible. With luck I may be back out on the mountains by mid-March.