Monday, October 8, 2007

Review: Matchstick Productions - Seven Sunny Days

The previous two years I've found Matchstick Productions films to be some of (if not THE) best of the films produced. Hence, it was with great anticipation that I awaited the arrival of Seven Sunny Days.

For the most part, the film did not disappoint. Some truly beautiful jumps and landings to be had throughout the film. MSP continues to push the viewer "into the action" stages with their creative camera angles, placements, and usage. I'm not sure how many cameras they end up destroying each season, but some of the results are certainly worth it. The continued inclusion of creative comedy skits is always welcomed. My favorite scene has to be the helmet cam shoot-through the crevice on (what I swear was a) one foot maneuver.

My main complaints with this seasons' film, it felt more like a park and pipe movie with less mountain riding, and MSP it's time to grow up and get larger venues! You know, with seating, or at least a non-crappy dance club speaker system. Yikes! I couldn't understand a word being said during the movie, but on second hand I really didn't care either. The cute burnette next to me was reason enough to be distracted from the dialog.

The big take away from this film, slowly but surely all these films are becoming very similar to Warren Miller's original style, minus the over dub.

No comments: