Thursday, November 15, 2007

Whoops

A few weeks ago I woke up with a sore wrist that has persisted since. I've been sleeping with a wrist splint on in hopes of helping whatever was wrong heal. Since I can't recall any reason why it happened, I automatically assumed I had slept on it poorly. Over the weekend I finally stressed it beyond the point of reason by opening a jar of olives.

Since then doing most anything has just been painful. According to the doctor I saw yesterday, I've more than likely strained or torn a ligament or two. The index finger for certain and possibly the middle finger. Until an MRI can be scheduled there is no knowing how bad the damage really is, but the only free time for scanning won't be until after Thanksgiving.

Before that happens, I've got new instructor training to attend. I think it's time to get some under the glove wrist guard for this.

No comments: